As a small business owner, it can feel impossible to decide between the zillions of options that we have, and that can feel totally paralyzing. When it comes to marketing software it can seem daunting, overwhelming, and costly. But I’m here to tell you that it doesn’t have to be! It’s so empowering to use technology to our advantage while automating our systems, taking tasks off our plate, and radiating professionalism which leads to client retention.
Have you had one of those lackluster experiences where you order a product, receive no confirmation, have no idea if your package is on its way, and then 3 weeks later it’s on your doorstep? It’s not a great experience and certainly not the experience we want to provide our clients.
I’m going to be candid about a few of the marketing systems I use and how they are elevating Forever Friday Consulting. So here we go;
- Zapier: I use this for connecting various platforms. Zapier is amazing and has tons of integrations which allow different tools to talk to each other. For example, when a customer purchases my 5 Weeks to Waitlisted course through Stripe, once paid, Zapier automatically enrolls the customer to Teachable and gives them access to the course. I don’t lift a finger when enrolling clients.
- Other ways I use Zapier in my business:
- When a member joins TFS, I welcome them with an email sequence in FloDesk.
- I have all course purchases auto enroll and lead into a specific segment.
- When a client purchases 1:1 sessions, I’m notified of their address to send a gift.
- When a member cancels, FloDesk auto-removes them from the segment and sends a ‘no hard feelings’ email.
- Other ways I use Zapier in my business:
- FloDesk: I switched from Mailchimp to FloDesk two years ago and I can’t recommend the switch highly enough! FloDesk has beautiful email templates which are extremely easy to use. This has also elevated my various nurture sequences with simplistic setup and navigation. Check out my code below if you aren’t already a customer. Literally just got this text and get these often…
- Stripe: I use Stripe as my payment processor. It’s reliable, secure, and takes an industry standard fee. Of note, Stripe does take 2.9% of your transactions, however, if you calculate out your hourly pay you’ll see that the organization and ease of use for you and your client is worth it (in my opinion, anyway).
- Teachable: I love this platform for my courses and memberships. It’s secure, easy to set up on the backend, and laid out so nicely for clients’ use. I’ve tried other platforms similar to Teachable but this is my go-to.
- Showit: I host my website and blog on Showit. Website development can feel cumbersome and daunting but Showit is super easy to use even for beginner website designers like myself. You can also find various templates that are already set up and designed. It’s so so freeing to be able to design whatever you want, whenever you want. Cannot recommend it enough!
Think about what is energetically draining for you in your business. What is a task that you are repeating daily and just simply doesn’t seem efficient? Such as manual nurture sequences, scheduling, invoicing, and social media posts. These are not allowing you to step away from the business so creating a solid Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) will help you avoid burnout and automate these tasks.
Perhaps write out your tasks for a few days in a row and begin to uncover admin work that is taking you out of your zone of genius. These are the low hanging fruit areas of your business that you can start automating.
And finally, a few recommendations for quick fixes can be to prioritize a waitlist nurture sequence, set up a milestone/anniversary email, a cancellation nurture sequence, and categorize your blog posts & link those categories into a nurture sequence.
Work smarter, not harder. And I’m all about using technology and marketing tools to my advantage and taking admin tasks off my plate so I can focus on bigger initiatives within FFC.
If this resonates with you, I’d like to invite you to the Friday Society Membership. Included is a monthly webinar where we discuss in-depth marketing strategies to elevate your business. We also have a monthly Q&A call to go even deeper. Check out the membership details here.
If you’re more of a self-paced learner, you can check out my courses broken out by topic here.
If you’re not sure where to start, this quiz will help shed light on what’s missing from your marketing. Each result has a full plan that will be emailed to you based on the answers you provide!
I’d love to hear what software tools you use and how they elevate your business! Leave a comment below!
New FloDesk members can save 50% off with this link!
Use my Showit link for one month free!
Check out Elizabeth McCravy’s Showit Templates that I use which are truly amazing! 10% off with code FridaySociety. I was also on Elizabeth’s podcast (one of my favorite when I was starting a business) to talk about marketing funnels, and you can hear us chat here!)