“Don’t let yourself get caught up in all the work that’s ahead of you. Once you start going through the checklist, you will talk yourself out of it. There’s no entrepreneur out there that knows everything about the business they have started. Not one.”
Anne Mahlum, is a self-made two time entrepreneur, Founder & former CEO, and current Executive Chairwoman, of Solid Core and Founder and former CEO of Back on My Feet. Anne opened over 70 boutique studios within 6 years by bold determination and hard work. Anne discusses how to build a rocket ship business and shares how to maintain enthusiasm during the process, even when it’s hard. We chat about;
- The undertaking of opening several locations at once and how to get comfortable with a fast growing business.
- Scaling and building an inclusive community.
- Delegation and lessons learned when hiring employees.
- Employee backlash and transparency of negative public pressure.
- Honesty around being a tough boss and how women need to be proud of what they build.
Follow Anne Mahlum on social media.
Find a Solid Core location.
As a side note, I’m aware of the organizing and uprising of past employees at Solidcore who feel they were dealt unsuitable working conditions, I respect their right to do so and will never delete nor block a comment for that reason. There’s three sides to every story: the two sides and the truth, and this conversation is just a small part of the larger situation. I personally have never worked for Solidcore, but I think it’s one of the hardest workouts in world and am open to feedback and more information about how this all unfolds.
Be the first to comment