Hey Friends! I want to circle back to this amazing podcast from 2021. Simone De La Rue is a celebrity fitness trainer and has been in the industry for a long time. Simone’s story is so inspirational and she dives into all the things that helped build her success. She’s so open and honest about challenges she faced after the pandemic. We are seeing so much success right now for boutique fitness, but as small business owners, we always need to stay on top of our game.
Bodies By Simone was founded in 2011 which was a completely different fitness ball game back then. Simone shares how she became inspired to enter the business and the challenges she has faced over the last decade. Here are a few topics we discussed;
- Becoming a 1-1 celebrity trainer and how this inspired her to build her brand by expanding into group classes.
- Word of mouth and the importance of referrals and press. These can have a huge impact on building your brand.
- Marketing differences between 1-1 clients and group training clients.
- Hiring a friend and maintaining a healthy relationship. Also, building a team that you can trust.
- As a female founder she has learned to set boundaries with her employees and how her management style has evolved.
- COVID challenges and having to cut 50% of her brick and mortar studio model. The overhead and finance difficulties she faced while pivoting her marketing strategy.
I’ve taken a Body By Simone class and let me tell you, it was so fun and so hard! I love her method and style of teaching. Simone is so sweet and I’m grateful that she shared her story with me. She is a testament that boutique fitness is not going anywhere and there is light at the end of the tunnel after rebuilding your market strategy. Definitely give this episode a listen!
Find a Body By Simone class here!