Sadie Kurzban is the Founder of 305 Fitness and is a jack of all trades in her business. I mean, wow, Sadie does it all! 305 Fitness is a business entirely managed by women and is thriving! Her journey started with body image issues and then she decided to debunk the ‘acceptable’ body image set by society. As her love of fitness grew, she fell in love with teaching and bootstrapped 305 Fitness at the age of 25 with just $25,000. Sadie and I talked about so much during this episode. Here are some of my favorites;
- 305 strives to bring pleasure and joy back into movement and fitness. She creates a safe space for students to let go of the pressure to look a certain way and move their bodies by dancing.
- Connection with your body through dance. The benefits of dance are vast from regulating your nervous system, brain/body connection, and connecting with a joyous and present inner state.
- Entrepreneurship and taking the leap to go all in and become a business owner.
- Client retention and relationship building strategy. Sadie shares how hard she hustled every single day and how grinding led to her success.
- Hiring great talent and professional development for her staff.
- Being a female founder and how it comes with unique challenges.
Sadie made it her personal mission to challenge the mythos about body type and how they correlate to the rest of our life experiences. She hopes that women feel deep connection to themselves and free movement while in a 305 Fitness class.
I took so much away from this episode and my conversation with Sadie. There are so many great business tips that I started applying them to Forever Friday Consulting. Listen below!
Find a 305 Fitness class.